parser handling of large object OIDs

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: parser handling of large object OIDs
Date: 2010-06-09 21:02:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

gram.y treats large object identifiers inconsistently. The privileges
stuff treats them as IConst:

| LARGE_P OBJECT_P Iconst_list
{
PrivTarget *n = (PrivTarget *) palloc(sizeof(PrivTarget));
n->targtype = ACL_TARGET_OBJECT;
n->objtype = ACL_OBJECT_LARGEOBJECT;
n->objs = $3;
$$ = n;
}

| ALTER LARGE_P OBJECT_P Iconst OWNER TO RoleId
{
AlterOwnerStmt *n = makeNode(AlterOwnerStmt);
n->objectType = OBJECT_LARGEOBJECT;
n->object = list_make1(makeInteger($4));
n->newowner = $7;
$$ = (Node *)n;
}

But the comment code treats them as NumericOnly.

| COMMENT ON LARGE_P OBJECT_P NumericOnly IS comment_text
{
CommentStmt *n = makeNode(CommentStmt);
n->objtype = OBJECT_LARGEOBJECT;
n->objname = list_make1($5);
n->objargs = NIL;
n->comment = $7;
$$ = (Node *) n;
}

I believe that the comment code is probably right, because I think
IConst can only handle values < 2^31, whereas OIDs can be as large as
2^32-1.

Thoughts?

--
Robert Haas