Re: Connection limits and MS Access?

From: Mike Toews <mwtoews(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Benjamin Smith <lists(at)benjamindsmith(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connection limits and MS Access?
Date: 2010-08-16 20:33:33
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I have a similar setup, except the server is 8.3.11 / 32 bit Ubuntu
Hardy LTS. I use the 32-bit Unicode driver (version 08.04.0200) on a
64-bit Win7 laptop. I cannot reproduce the same behaviour. I'm
monitoring the connections in PgAdmin, and I see only one
connection/PID. If I open then close the linked table, the connection
persists. If I open another table, the same PID stays up. If I have
more than one table, I still see only one connection/PID. The
connection/PID is closed when I exit Access 2007. All as expected. As
far as I know, I haven't done any special modifications from the
default settings, except enable Row Versioning and Updatable Cursors
(Page 2 options).

-Mike