Re: [DOCS] Documentation Navigation Feedback

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Chris Meller <chris(at)doesnthaveone(dot)com>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [DOCS] Documentation Navigation Feedback
Date: 2011-01-15 09:49:17
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-www

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 21:53, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:

> I am forwarding this email to the www team in case there is something
> that can be done to improve our website's display of documentation:

No, it properly belongs on the -docs list. The website just uses the
HTML output that comes out of the main docs build, so that's where
TOCs and links are made. All the website does is extract the <body>
part an put it inside the framework that adds the logo and the
breadcrumbs - but it doesn't have access to any more metadata than the
filename and the title of the page, so it can't do anything more
advanced. Any improvements there have to be made in the sgml->html
translation step in the main code - or at least that step has to put
the required metadata in the output.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/