Re: Sync Rep for 2011CF1

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Aidan Van Dyk <aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Sync Rep for 2011CF1
Date: 2011-02-08 16:19:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 5:16 PM, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

>> > Presumably you have a reason for declaring war? I'm sorry for that, I
>> > really am.
>>
>> How is clearing out his whole schedule to help review & fix the patch
>> declaring war?  You have an odd attitude towards assistance, Simon.
>
> It seems likely that Robert had not read my reply where I said I had
> time to work on this project before posting. In that case, I withdraw my
> comments and apologise.

I did read it, but I still don't think saying I'm going to work on a
patch that's been stalled for weeks - or really months - constitutes
any sort of declaration of war, peace, or anything else. I have just
as much of a right to work on a given feature as you or anyone else
does. Typically, when I work on patches and help get them committed,
the response is "thanks". I'm not so sure what's different in this
case.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company