Re: BUG #5588: I use a lot of the "INHERITS", results of tests found that the performance is very low.

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "runner(dot)mei" <runner(dot)mei(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5588: I use a lot of the "INHERITS", results of tests found that the performance is very low.
Date: 2010-08-12 00:28:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 10:16 PM, runner.mei <runner(dot)mei(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      5588
> Logged by:          runner.mei
> Email address:      runner(dot)mei(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4.4
> Operating system:   windows
> that the performance is very low.
> Details:
>
> Hello, I try to build a cmdb database with using postgresql , I use a lot of
> the "INHERITS", results of tests found that the performance is very low,
> there are 2,000,000 pieces of data when the data when a data query, it was
> however spent 1672 ms, I was wrong it?

Please refer to the following wiki page for information about getting
help with this problem.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions

You'll need to provide more details to get help, and it would also be
a good idea to post to the correct mailing list, which is
pgsql-performance.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company