Re: How do I remove PostgreSQL completely?

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rodriguez Fernando <rodriguez(at)ort(dot)edu(dot)uy>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, sebastian(dot)frey89(at)web(dot)de
Subject: Re: How do I remove PostgreSQL completely?
Date: 2010-10-18 21:47:15
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Rodriguez Fernando
<rodriguez(at)ort(dot)edu(dot)uy> wrote:
>  El 18/10/2010 12:10, Sebastian Frey escribió:
>>
>> Hi guys!
>>
>> I wanted to install PokerTracker3, but the required PostgreSQL could not
>> be installed because (apparently) it was installed before by another
>> program...
>> So, when I start PokerTracker3, a PostgreSQL server window opens
>> containing already filled in data about Server, Password etc...
>> When I press connect, the window "PostgreSQL wasn't able to connect to
>> this database. Please check configuration (or something like this)" appears.
>>
>> So I searched on the internet and found on one of the many support
>> websites the instruction to unistall PostgreSQL, which I did, but apparently
>> the account wasn't fully deleted, so the problem is still there and I have
>> no idea of how to get rid of it!
>>
>> I would greatly appreciate your help, but I need very basic instructions
>> since I have only very basic knowledge of computers in general...
>>
>> Best, sebastian
>> Neu: WEB.DE De-Mail - Einfach wie E-Mail, sicher wie ein Brief!
>> Jetzt De-Mail-Adresse reservieren: https://produkte.web.de/go/demail02
>>
> hi,
> 1) Verify postgresql service exists?
> 2) Verify data directory /var/lib/pgdata/data, exists?
> 3) verify environment variables are not set : PGUSER, PGDATABASE,
> PGPASSWORD, PGDATA
>
> rpm -e *postgresql* or use yum

IIRC, Poker Tracker is a Windows program. I think Sebastian should
contact the makers of that software rather than us. It is their
installer that has installed PG, in all likelihood, and we don't have
any control over (or knowledge of) what it does.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company