Re: SQL code runs slower as a stored function

From: S G <sgennaria2(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL code runs slower as a stored function
Date: 2010-05-13 17:39:21
Lists: pgsql-general

> I wrote a blog article about this: Google for "Why is my function slow?"<http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general>

Greg, great article. It's funny and humbling how I thought I'd invented the
wheel with this workaround, but now it suddenly appears to be common
practice. I guess I'm on the right track.

I'm curious though-- your examples were plpgsql and you mentioned at the
bottom that the plpgsql documentation mentions the one-time plan
limitation. Does the same hold true for stored functions in sql? My slow
function in this case is written in sql, so I'm guessing the answer is
'yes'.