Re: Fwd: [JDBC] Weird issues when reading UDT from stored function

From: Lukas Eder <lukas(dot)eder(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>, rsmogura <rsmogura(at)softperience(dot)eu>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: [JDBC] Weird issues when reading UDT from stored function
Date: 2011-02-16 08:30:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-jdbc

I'm not trying to fix the signature. I want exactly that signature. I want
to return 1 UDT as an OUT parameter from a function.

Somewhere between JDBC and the database, this signature is lost, and JDBC's
internal code tells me that I have to bind 6 OUT parameters, instead of 1.
It happens to be so, because the UDT contains 6 attributes, so somehow the
JDBC/database protocol flattens the UDT, and I think that's a bug, either in
JDBC or in the protocol or in the database. My findings were that I can
correctly read the UDT OUT parameter using the pgAdmin III tool, so I
excluded the database as a bug holder candidate.

Cheers
Lukas