Re: Walsender doesn't process options passed in the startup packet

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Walsender doesn't process options passed in the startup packet
Date: 2010-09-13 03:14:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 9:56 PM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> BTW, this issue seems to derive from the following commit.
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2010-04/msg00175.php

> it was previously using an untenable assumption that template1 would
> always be available to connect to

The above commit message shows that the updated patch is untenable too
since it assumes the existence of the template1.

Is there way to access to pg_db_role_setting without connecting to the
specific database? If not, it's difficult for walsender to process the
per-user settings since it's tied to no database.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center