Junior DBA for Financial Services Company in Chicago, IL

From: Mark Petersen <mark(at)mark-petersen(dot)net>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Junior DBA for Financial Services Company in Chicago, IL
Date: 2010-12-29 18:07:43
Lists: pgsql-jobs

The company I work for is currently seeking a Junior pgSQL
Database Administrator to join our technology team. A successful candidate
will learn how to administer, build, maintain, and optimize databases in
a fast paced financial services company. This is an excellent opportunity
for a motivated individual to join a growing organization.

Key Skills and Responsibilities:

* Ongoing support and administration of existing production, staging,QA and
development database environments
* Provide database support to ensure high availability and best sustainable
performance
* Review SQL code and implement all changes to the development
and production databases
* Work with development teams to optimize queries and stored procedures used
in custom applications
* Support back end for 3rd party applications (e.g. G/L, BI, CRM, etc.)

Requirements:

* 2+ years hands on Linux or Unix experience
* 2+ years of experience working with, in order of preference, one or more
of: EnterpriseDB, Kdb+, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle or SQL Server
* B.S. or equivalent education/work experience is required
* Basic understanding of relational database/schema design, SQL query and
stored procedure development and enhancement
* Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous issues
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Solid problem solving skills
* Basic scripting skills required; development experience a plus
* Strong desire to learn/administer/support EnterpriseDB/PostgreSQL/Kdb+

Please respond with a short introduction and resume, if I can comfortably
say you are a strong candidate after a brief e-mail conversation I would
love to refer/recommend you to our HR team for consideration.

Thanks,
Mark Petersen