Re: Email notification pgAgent

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Email notification pgAgent
Date: 2010-12-27 06:58:16
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 2:32 AM, Jasmin Dizdarevic
<jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi,
> we've just decided to use pgAgent in our company, so I set it up and
> discovered that there is no email notification support on failures.
> I've decided to add this functionality, but I have some questions:
> 1. Have there been any plans to add mail notification in the past?

No.

> 2. Is the feature desirable?

It seems like a reasonable addition.

> 3. I'm absolutely new to wxwidgets: Is wxSMTP a good idea?
> (http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/WxSMTP)

That seems like a good way forward, though to reduce the requirements
on users who don't need it, the email feature should really be made
optional, so if the user doesn't want it, they don't need the
additional module to build pgAgent.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com