Re: Qt3

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Qt3
Date: 2001-11-23 08:21:33
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Personally I think it looks very cluttered. There's way too much on the
screen at once imho.

> What do you think of qt3, which is available freely on both
> Linux and Windows?

Well, I agree with Justin's comments (see his message) but it's not really
relevant to pgAdmin is it? I know cross platform is something we discussed
before I really started on pgAdmin II, but at the time none of us were
expert enough in C/C++/Java/Whatever which is why we decided to stick with
VB if you remember. I'm not sure that ~30,000 lines of (RC1 quality) code
into the project is really a good time to think about changing :-)

Otoh, were you aware that pgAdmin II will run under Wine on Linux (and
presumably anything else that Wine runs on)?

Regards, Dave.

  • Re: Qt3 at 2001-11-23 10:17:04 from Jean-Michel POURE
  • Re: Qt3 at 2001-11-23 11:44:22 from Roman Zhuravljov