Re: LDAP: bugfix and deprecated OpenLDAP API

From: Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
To: "Magnus Hagander *EXTERN*" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: LDAP: bugfix and deprecated OpenLDAP API
Date: 2013-08-19 11:47:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> The patch should still be good, but if we keep the deprecated
>> OpenLDAP API, it might be more consistent to use ldap_simple_bind_s
>> instead of ldap_sasl_bind_s.
>>
>> If you agree, I'll change that.
>
> Sorry, you got this one in just as my vacation started.
>
> Yes, I agree with that. So please do.

Here is the updated patch.

To repeat: this fixes a bug in LDAP connection parameter lookup
if you want to have failover with more than one LDAP server:
the timeout that should ensure that failover does not take too long
did not work if there are TCP connection problems; in that case
the connection attempt would hang until network timeout
before failing over to the second LDAP server.

This should be backpatched as far as supported (8.4).

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Attachment Content-Type Size
ldap-bug-2.patch application/octet-stream 2.3 KB