Re: [HACKERS] Mac OS X, PostgreSQL, PL/Tcl

From: Scott Goodwin <scott(at)scottg(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Mac OS X, PostgreSQL, PL/Tcl
Date: 2004-02-22 18:19:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

I'm certain that the length of a single env var is the only factor
involved, and not the size of the enviroment itself. If I login to my
normal environment and unset LS_COLORS, everything works fine. If I
move my .bashrc out of the way, login fresh and create an env var > 522
chars, it fails. My login environment is much larger than the
environment I get without . bashrc, and the results of setting a single
env var to > 522 chars duplicates the problem in both envs. leading me
to believe that env size doesn't have an effect on this problem. I've
now set my PG startup script to 'unset LS_COLORS' before starting PG,
and this works great. Has anyone else tried to duplicate this problem?
I'm using Mac OS 10.3.2, PG 7.4.1, Tcl 8.4.5.

/s.