Re: Win32 signals code, take two

From: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>
To: 'Magnus Hagander' <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers-win32 <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Win32 signals code, take two
Date: 2004-01-19 13:03:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Hi Magnus,

I've only had time for a very superficial look, but looks good...

> * The signal listener threads now creates separate threads to read/write
> on the pipe, to make sure we don't hang anywhere there. I put the
> ReadFile() in the separate thread as well (to be sure). It
> does not pose any different synchronisation issues than we had before.

Hmm, I'd be happier just seeing the main thread issue these calls, but no
firm argument as to why :-)

> Claudio, in your other working on the backend, have you by any chance
> identified good places to do:
> 1) pg_signal_initialize()?

I imagine we'll want to drop this main.c, right by the WSAStartup code.

> 2) PG_POLL_SIGNALS()?

Haven't had a chance to really try [sigh]. I promise to have a closer look,
at this and at your code, over the next couple days.

Talk soon,
Claudio

---
<a