Re: Win32 signals code, take two

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers-win32" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Win32 signals code, take two
Date: 2004-01-19 14:24:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Here's an updated version of the proposed win32 signals code, with the
> following main changes:

One small possible revision to consider: As I read the code, all
manipulation to pg_signal_queue is inside a CriticalSection, and it is
only set (> 0) when there are pending signals.

ISTM that pg_queue_signal can abort without calling QueueUserAPC
pg_signal_queue is already set. This will keep the dispatch function
from getting called extra times. Paranoia statement

pg_signal_queue = 0;

could possibly be added at the end of the dispatch.

Everything else looks good to me. Looking at the code, pg_signal_queue
is better and simpler than the event based method I was suggesting, IMO.

Merlin