Re:

From: hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Yossi Kachlon <yossi_kachlon(at)symantec(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re:
Date: 2005-09-13 07:23:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

On 9/13/05, Yossi Kachlon <yossi_kachlon(at)symantec(dot)com> wrote:

> 1 - I would like to know if I can install several installations of
> PostgreSql on the same machine with silent install (different ports) ?

of course. you can have as many installations as you want (limited by number
of ports, memory and disk size of course)

2 – Can I make a backup of the database without shutting it down?

of course. actually it is the only way to do real backup. doing file-copy is
not safe, and requres person who does it to think more than neccessary.
pg_dump utility makes dumps of working database, does it reasonably quickly,
and without any observable (at least by me) disturbance to other
applications.

3 – Is there support for multi-CPU?

of course.

4 – Is there a support for OSF1 OS?

i dont know. but you can have the sources, so with just a little bit of luck
you will be able to cmopile it.

depesz