Re: PATCH: Add REINDEX tag to event triggers

From: Jim Jones <jim(dot)jones(at)uni-muenster(dot)de>
To: jian he <jian(dot)universality(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Garrett Thornburg <film42(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PATCH: Add REINDEX tag to event triggers
Date: 2023-09-01 10:40:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 01.09.23 11:23, jian he wrote:
> because the change made in here:
> https://git.postgresql.org/cgit/postgresql.git/diff/src/backend/commands/indexcmds.c?id=11af63fb48d278b86aa948a5b57f136ef03c2bb7
>
> I manually slight edited the patch content:
> from
> static List *ChooseIndexColumnNames(List *indexElems);
> static void ReindexIndex(RangeVar *indexRelation, ReindexParams *params,
> bool isTopLevel);
> static List *ChooseIndexColumnNames(const List *indexElems);
> static void ReindexIndex(const RangeVar *indexRelation, const
> ReindexParams *params,
> bool isTopLevel);
>
> can you try the attached one.

The patch applies cleanly. However, now the compiler complains about a
qualifier mismatch

indexcmds.c:2707:33: warning: assignment discards ‘const’ qualifier from
pointer target type [-Wdiscarded-qualifiers]
 2707 |         currentReindexStatement = stmt;

Perhaps 'const ReindexStmt *currentReindexStatement'?

Tests also work just fine. I also tested it against unique and partial
indexes, and it worked as expected.

Jim