Stability & Reliability

From: "Nadeem Akhtar" <nakhtar(at)mstic(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Stability & Reliability
Date: 2001-03-29 18:18:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I'm in the process of performing analysis on Postgre SQL and other
commercial DBMS including MySQL. Does anyone know where can I get stability
questions answered. I'm performing this analysis for a Dept of Defense
contractor. The software will be used to conduct training exercises. The
exercises will run for continously for 2 - 5 days. In this time frame the
software also continously runs and collects and stores the data and results.
Therefore, stability is a must on the DBMS. I've discovered some negative
remarks against MySQL stability but Oracle and other commercial ones have
positive ones. But haven't been able to discover anything regarding
Postgres ql.

Thanks in advance.