Removing languages

From: Ian Phillips <ian(at)comodo(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Removing languages
Date: 1999-10-28 14:30:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm new to postgreSQL, so I hope someone can help me out with this little
mistake.

When adding the plpgsql language to the template1 db, I mistyped the path for
the plpgsql.so file. I didn't spot this until I came to use a plpgsql
function. Consequently, I DROPped the function and CREATEd a new one.

Unfortunately, the entry in the pg_languages table now has the wrong OID in it.

Is it safe to do a
DELETE FROM pg_languages WHERE lanname = 'plpgsql';
and then redo the CREATE TRUSTED PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE?

BTW, I've tried DROP TRUSTED PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE and it didn't work (parser
error).

Any help is appreciated. In the meantime, I'm having to recreate the language
by hand for each database...

Thanx in advance.

Ian Phillips
ian(at)comodo(dot)net ipp(at)sygmabox(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk
07971 329 279 www.sygmabox.freeserve.co.uk