Re: Streaming replication and non-blocking I/O

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Streaming replication and non-blocking I/O
Date: 2010-01-12 18:37:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 17:58, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 8:49 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
>>> Umm.., I still cannot find the place where the walreceiver module is
>>> loaded by using load_external_function() in your 'replication' branch.
>>> Also the compilation of that branch fails. Is the 'pushed' branch the
>>> latest? Sorry if I'm missing something.
>>
>> Ah, I see. The changes were not included in the merge commit after all,
>> but I had simple forgot to "git add" them. Sorry about that, should be
>> there now.
>
> This change which moves walreceiver process into a dynamically loaded
> module caused the following compile error on my MinGW environment.

That sounds strange - it should pick those up from the -lpostgres. Any
chance you have an old postgres binary around from a non-syncrep build
or something?

> ---------------------------
>
> Though I marked the variables shown in the above message as PGDLLIMPORT,
> the "make" still fails in the same way. I struggled with this issue
> for some time, but
> could not fix it yet :(
>
> Frankly I'm not familiar with that area. So it would be nice if
> someone could analyze
> this issue.

Do you have an environment to try to build it under msvc? in my
experience, that gives you easier-to-understand error messages in a
lot of cases like this - it removets the mingw black magic.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/