Re: 8.4 win32 shared memory patch

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Kevin Field <kevinjamesfield(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.4 win32 shared memory patch
Date: 2009-07-30 09:03:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 19:52, Kevin Field<kevinjamesfield(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Win2k3 Std SP2, the service won't start once I've applied the
> patch.  In the log, I get:
>
> %t LOG:  CreateProcess call failed: A blocking operation was
> interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.

Now, that's just strange :-O

First of all, the code from this patch hasn't even executed when that
error pops up... So it really shouldn't be that one. Second, that
error message just makes no sense in the context. However, the
"errorcode 2" makes a bit more sense - that's a file not found error.
It's still strange that it would show up, but it makes sense in the
context of CreateProcess(). Are you sure that there weren't any old
processes hanging around when you tried it? Would it be possible for
you to test by doing stop -> reboot -> replace file -> start and see
if the issue remains?

--
Magnus Hagander
Self: http://www.hagander.net/