8.4 win32 shared memory patch

From: Kevin Field <kevinjamesfield(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 8.4 win32 shared memory patch
Date: 2009-07-29 17:52:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Win2k3 Std SP2, the service won't start once I've applied the
patch. In the log, I get:

%t LOG: CreateProcess call failed: A blocking operation was
interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.

(error code 2)
%t LOG: could not fork autovacuum worker process: A blocking
operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.

[ and then 47k worth of that whole message repeated, and then: ]

%t LOG: received fast shutdown request
%t LOG: aborting any active transactions
%t FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command
%t FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command
%t FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command
%t FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command
%t FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command
%t FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command
%t FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command
%t FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command
%t FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command
%t FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command
%t FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command
%t LOG: autovacuum launcher shutting down
%t FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command
%t LOG: shutting down
%t LOG: database system is shut down

(BTW, I noticed the %t everywhere in all of my 8.4 logs, whereas in my
8.3 logs there're actual timestamps instead. Bug?)

I put the old binary back and it works fine.

Cheers,
Kev