Re: [Q] LOG: failed to commit client_encoding

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "V S P" <toreason(at)fastmail(dot)fm>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Q] LOG: failed to commit client_encoding
Date: 2009-03-30 02:10:56
Lists: pgsql-general

"V S P" <toreason(at)fastmail(dot)fm> writes:
> What does this LOG string mean, and what should I do?

That's supposed to be a can't-happen case. How did you provoke it
exactly? (No, you didn't provide enough detail for someone else
to reproduce it...)

Are you by any chance using database encoding mule_internal?
That's the only case I'm aware of where I'd expect setting
client_encoding to utf8 to fail.