[Q] LOG: failed to commit client_encoding

From: "V S P" <toreason(at)fastmail(dot)fm>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [Q] LOG: failed to commit client_encoding
Date: 2009-03-30 00:02:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I am seeing this error in my concole (winXP) log
using Pg 8.3 UTF-8 encoding

client is Pg ODBC latest,
every time I open a connection I set
client encoding to UTF-8 (to make sure my C++ app is getting via
ascii version of pgODBC the UTF-8 strings).

"SET client_encoding='UTF8'"

What does this LOG string mean, and what should I do?

if there is a place with all the error messages and explanation
I would certainly appreciate the link (I just tried regular searches
but could not find it).

thank you in advance,
Vlad
--