Re: Throw some low-level C scutwork at me

From: Andy Lester <andy(at)petdance(dot)com>
To: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Throw some low-level C scutwork at me
Date: 2009-05-01 19:44:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On May 1, 2009, at 2:37 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Regardless, I
> agree with Tom that the idea of having decorators of any kind in
> source
> or docs is a bad idea.

Why is it a bad idea? I don't understand the downside of a line or
two at the bottom of a source file.

> That being said, there is no reason why we can have a section of the
> wiki that has .rc files for respective editors and environments that
> conform to .Org coding conventions.

I've always found it preferable to have the editors enforce the coding
standards for us, without relying on the coder do anything on his
end. I'd rather that volunteers, especially new volunteers, spend
their time and brain cycles thinking about code, not messing with
config files.

xoa

--
Andy Lester => andy(at)petdance(dot)com => www.theworkinggeek.com => AIM:petdance