Re: simple make check failures

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jonathan Scott <jwscott(at)vanten(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: simple make check failures
Date: 2004-02-26 06:15:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jonathan Scott <jwscott(at)vanten(dot)com> writes:
> I checked my system, and bison is reporting itself as 1.875. I am using SuSE 9.0, and I did have to upgrade to get that configuration message to go away, AND to make it compile.

> Could you recommend a way I could get bison to reproduce that message?

If you did just upgrade bison, I'd suggest "make maintainer-clean" and
then rebuild. I do not think the Postgres makefiles are able to detect
that you installed a new bison, so they won't automatically re-run bison
to build new output files. We normally ship the bison output files as
part of distribution tarballs, which is why "make clean" or even "make
distclean" doesn't flush 'em.