Re: psql: \dl+ to list large objects privileges

From: Pavel Luzanov <p(dot)luzanov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Georgios Kokolatos <gkokolatos(at)protonmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Pavel Luzanov <pluzanov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: psql: \dl+ to list large objects privileges
Date: 2021-09-03 13:20:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

Thank you very much for review.

> Since '\dl' already contains description, it might be worthwhile to consider to add the column `Access privileges`
> without introducing a verbose version.

I thought about it.
The reason why I decided to add the verbose version is because of
backward compatibility. Perhaps the appearance of a new column in an
existing command may become undesirable to someone.

If we don't worry about backward compatibility, the patch will be
easier. But I'm not sure this is the right approach.

Pavel Luzanov
Postgres Professional: https://postgrespro.com
The Russian Postgres Company