Re: psql: \dl+ to list large objects privileges

From: Georgios Kokolatos <gkokolatos(at)protonmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Pavel Luzanov <pluzanov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: psql: \dl+ to list large objects privileges
Date: 2021-09-03 12:45:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

make installcheck-world: not tested
Implements feature: not tested
Spec compliant: not tested
Documentation: not tested

Hi,

There is something I forgot to mention in my previous review.

Typically when describing a thing in psql, it is the column "Description" that
belongs in the verbose version. For example listing indexes produces:

List of relations
Schema | Name | Type | Owner | Table

and the verbose version:
List of relations
Schema | Name | Type | Owner | Table | Persistence | Access method | Size | Description

Since '\dl' already contains description, it might be worthwhile to consider to add the column `Access privileges`
without introducing a verbose version.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
//Georgios