Connection & Crash Problem From Domain Users

From: Çağıl Şeker <cagils(at)biznet(dot)com(dot)tr>
To: "PGAdmin-Support-List (E-mail)" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Connection & Crash Problem From Domain Users
Date: 2002-11-21 17:26:51
Lists: pgadmin-support

Ok. now I have a new problem!
I can use pgadmin without any problem under the local W2K accounts POSTGRES and TESTUSER.
But if I run pgadmin under the domain W2K account MYDOMAIN/CAGILS it connects (and is very slowly) and then when I try to reach the public database object which is created default, it crashes (stops responding, the log runs in a loop like crazy).
I can reach to postmaster using psql under MYDOMAIN/CAGILS

Some info about my system conf:

postgres(at)CAGILS /usr/share/postgresql/data $ tail -n 2 pg_hba.conf
local all md5
host all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 md5

postgres(at)CAGILS /usr/share/postgresql/data $ whoami
postgres
postgres(at)CAGILS /usr/share/postgresql/data $ psql template1
Password:
Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

template1=# select * from pg_users;
ERROR: Relation "pg_users" does not exist
template1=# select * from pg_user;
usename | usesysid | usecreatedb | usetrace | usesuper | usecatupd | passwd | valuntil
----------+----------+-------------+----------+----------+-----------+----------+----------
postgres | 1 | t | t | t | t | ******** | infinity
(1 row)

Administrator(at)CAGILS ~ $ whoami
Administrator
Administrator(at)CAGILS ~ $ psql -U postgres template1
Password:
Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

What can be the reason for this ??? tnx in advance.

Çağıl ŞEKER
"Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of outsmarting you. Something that you'll never forgive me for!" - The Mentor'86 (Hacker's Manifesto)