Re: pgAdmin3 icon

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Jean-Michel Pouré <jmpoure(at)free(dot)fr>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin3 icon
Date: 2009-12-14 15:28:49
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

2009/12/14 Jean-Michel Pouré <jmpoure(at)free(dot)fr>:
> Dear Dave, Guillaume and all,
>
> Here is a screenshot of the committed logos:
> http://www.poure.com/images/capture.png
>
> Sorry if I did not follow the discussions lately, but the outline logo
> does not look like anything usable. Frankly, I cannot stand this logo.
> It makes me shiver!

<sigh>

There was only a handful of messages, in the thread you started. You
could have at least kept half an eye on it and commented when I
submitted the logo for review.

> IMHO, we should stick to the SVG original version of the logo and commit
> ICO, PNG and SVG versions of the logo.
>
> The was a lot of work from the author of the original logo, we should
> preserve this work as far as possible, just adding a shadow.
>
> Here are my versions:
> http://www.poure.com/images/pgadmin3.svg
>

> Can we commit my SVG version and use Guillaume's PNGs which scaled down
> nicely? Dave what is your opinion? Do you believe that your simplified
> logo suits better pgAdmin?

As discussed, it doesn't scale down to 16x16 without becoming a mess,
so I presented the alternative as a simplification which does.

If you can come up with something better that does scale down, I'm
happy to look at it. As it happens, I've just seen that the new one
goes fuzzy when displayed on an XP style application bar, so it'll
have to be changed again anyway.

Are you at least happy that the SQL icon is an improvement over the
previous nasty blue one?

--
Dave Page