Re: pgAdmin3 icon

From: Jean-Michel Pouré <jmpoure(at)free(dot)fr>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin3 icon
Date: 2009-12-14 16:17:06
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Sorry for not following the thread this week-end. I was away and now I
am a little sick, so I have more time!

> As discussed, it doesn't scale down to 16x16 without becoming a mess,
> so I presented the alternative as a simplification which does.

Look at my screenshot:
http://www.poure.com/images/capture.png

The simplified logo does not scale down to 16x16 nor 32x32.

> If you can come up with something better that does scale down, I'm
> happy to look at it. As it happens, I've just seen that the new one
> goes fuzzy when displayed on an XP style application bar, so it'll
> have to be changed again anyway.

It seems to me that Guillaume proposal scales pretty well to 16x16 and
32x32. I uploaded Guillaume's PNG icons there:
http://www.poure.com/images/

If you believe that the 16x16 icon does not scale well, why not
concentrate only on this icon.

The other icons are (in my opinion) really superb. Just like pgAdmin3
programming!

> Are you at least happy that the SQL icon is an improvement over the
> previous nasty blue one?

Yes.