Re: Merchandising, merchandising.. on the postgresql.eu site

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
Cc: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jonathan(dot)katz(at)excoventures(dot)com>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Merchandising, merchandising.. on the postgresql.eu site
Date: 2009-11-12 10:55:58
Lists: pgeu-general

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de> wrote:

> Hmm, so we are stuck to their inventory? What about plush elephants?
> What about a new mug design? What about shirts for the kids? ;-)
>
> We should at least be able to supply some items.

From what I've seen, we either have all the stock provided for us, or
none of it. So if we wanted to have someone else handle all the
logistics etc for supplying T-shirts online *and* sell plushys, we'd
need two shop fronts.

My view is that that is impractical, and that we should use a full
service site for our online merchandise, and keep the special/custom
stuff for sale at conferences etc. It's not perfect, but it seems like
a good compromise to me.

Of course, I'd be happy to be proven wrong, if we can find somewhere
that offers both options.

> Not everyone will come over to good old europe just to get one of this
> nifty elephants :-(

No, but it will give them an air of exclusivity :-)

--
Dave Page