Re: Merchandising, merchandising.. on the postgresql.eu site

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jonathan(dot)katz(at)excoventures(dot)com>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Merchandising, merchandising.. on the postgresql.eu site
Date: 2009-11-12 10:49:14
Lists: pgeu-general

Hello all,

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 04:06:18PM +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> > So assuming there's a decision made on where to sell it, and we get an
> > account set up, who manages what merchandise is for sale?  I've heard
> > things about plush elephants (or PostgreSQLephants as I call them),
> > mugs, t-shirts etc, but is there a list?  And who orders them etc?
> > I'd be happy to be given a job to do here, although I'm not quite sure
> > what.
>
> Ads has managed past orders of elephants and mugs for selling at shows
> and conferences,

Yes, that's true.

> however, if we're going to open an online store, my view is that we
> should use somewhere like cafepress or zazzle where we can make full
> use of their inventory, without having to produce any stock of our own

Hmm, so we are stuck to their inventory? What about plush elephants?
What about a new mug design? What about shirts for the kids? ;-)

We should at least be able to supply some items.

> It should be entirely separate from the stock we keep
> ourselves for shows (in fact, having to come to a show to get an
> elephant has a certain appeal to it).

Not everyone will come over to good old europe just to get one of this
nifty elephants :-(

But the elephants are not the big deal, i'm all open for having an
online shop, although i could not find the time in the past to deal with
this issue. I tried spreadshirt once but this wasn't a big success.

Bye

--
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group