Re: A couple of bugs...

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: David Gould <david(at)networkltd(dot)eu>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A couple of bugs...
Date: 2009-03-19 09:43:07
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 9:08 AM, David Gould <david(at)networkltd(dot)eu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There are a couple of bugs surrounding backup/restore.
>
> When you go to backup it doesn't just work - I haven't played around with
> settings.  On the command line it suggest that it's tried:
>
> pg_dump... -F -p ...
>
> Where what it should generate is:
>
> pg_dump... -F p ...

As far as I can see in the source history it's been hardcoded to -F p
since the code was written in 2004:

cmd.Append(wxT(" -F p"));

It was changed for 1.10, but it uses the long command options now so
you'll see --format not -F. What version of pgAdmin are you using?

> Worse, you can't copy and paste the command line because the cursor keeps
> dipping down to the next line.

Works fine for me. What platform are you on?

> With restore, you select the file to restore, but the OK button remains
> greyed out.

That'll happen if you select a file that isn't a valid dump file
recognised by pg_restore. Note that PLAIN dumps must be restored using
psql manually.

--
Dave Page