Re: Server Status window work

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Server Status window work
Date: 2009-01-07 12:51:24
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 10:30 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Dave Page a écrit :
>> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 11:26 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>>
>> Doesn't seem to make much difference on OS X. I certainly can't
>> rearrange tabs etc.
>>

> Works for me on Linux and Mac OS X. I can close tabs and rearrange them.

Oh, I see - you've got all the cool functionality turned off :-(

> The new patch attached fixes the crash issue I had yesterday.

Not entirely - if you close the Log tab, it seems to crash when
pgAdmin is closed.

> It also
> adds a close box on each tab and customizes the wxAuiNotebook style.

Let's get it to work with wxAUI_NB_DEFAULT_STYLE. That allows the
split functionality which is what I think makes this change worthwhile
- the ability to view more than one tab at once and arrange them as
required. A quick test shows it needs a new way to figure out which
tabs are visible (and therefore need refreshing), and there are some
sizing issues which appear to all be our old friend the generic
wxListCtrl.

It also looks a bit nicer than having the close box on all tabs I think.

> Thinking again about it, a view menu would be the only way to re-add a
> tab that has been closed previously. (in the current patch, the only way
> to re-open a tab previously closed is to close and open the server
> status dialog)

Yeah - plus it's where we put the option to reset the layout to the
default view.

> One last question: should we record the new display (ie tabs closed and
> rearranged) so we can completely restore it next time the user opens the
> server status dialog?

Yes - but isn't that handled by the AUI code and associated functions
as per frmMain etc?

--
Dave Page