Re: Enhancement to pg_dump

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Rob Kirkbride" <rob(dot)kirkbride(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Enhancement to pg_dump
Date: 2008-11-25 20:49:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 8:39 PM, Rob Kirkbride <rob(dot)kirkbride(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm very new to hacking postgresql but am using on a very big site
> (http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk). One of the issues that we have is moving
> data from a live database to a reports one. I've hacked an extra option to
> pg_dump to delete from tables rather than dropping them.

National Rail use Postgres for their journey planner? Cool :-)

> Once I'm happy with it (I'm a bit rusty at C!), do I post the patch here?

Yes (and please add details to
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/CommitFestOpen so it doesn't get
lost), but please note that we're in the middle of the final phase of
the development cycle at the moment, so new patches are unlikely to be
looked at for at least a couple of months.

--
Dave Page