Re: Who is moderating the news?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "PostgreSQL WWW" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Who is moderating the news?
Date: 2008-11-24 20:34:55
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 8:24 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 20:01 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 7:56 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> > "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> writes:
>
>> > Seems like the real problem here is that the slaves list is overloaded
>> > to the point of uselessness. Proper fix is probably to pay more
>> > attention to not sending noise reports to it in the first place.
>>
>> 90% of that noise will go away when JD fixes community1...
>
> Those reports don't go to slaves. They spam all of us who can't do
> anything about the various problems on dozens of machines anyway :P

Oh, OK. I thought we did still send those to slaves. Feel free to
improve the nagios config to make the alerts more targeted though.

> [pgsql-slavestothewww] PostgreSQL AutoMirror Report
> [pgsql-slavestothewww] PostgreSQL mirror test report: 2008-11-24
> [pgsql-slavestothewww] Comment 7356 added to page backup-file.html of
> version 8.3
>
> So I admit that today is a relatively light day but on Thursday I got
> five automirror zone reports. Only one of which contained any actual
> useful information:

Well that's pretty much all that goes to slaves then isn't it?
Normally we don't expect to see any auto mirror reports - and if we
do, it's normally only a handful. The mirror test report is a one a
day thing, and the comment added message is moderation.

That sounds like very little noise to me.

--
Dave Page