Re: Upgrading pgFoundry

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgrading pgFoundry
Date: 2008-09-26 08:30:37
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 6:19 PM, David E. Wheeler <david(at)kineticode(dot)com> wrote:
> Re-sent -hackers message:
>
> On Sep 24, 2008, at 14:02, Joshua Drake wrote:
>
>> I think one problem we have right now, is nobody knows what it is going
>> to take. I would expect that our current version is sufficiently old
>> enough to cause some migration pain?
>>
>> I know we have two members willing to help that are not Stefan and I.
>> Which is good, but this doesn't appear to be a small project.
>
> Does anyone know what needs to be done? If so, and you'd like to reply with
> a list of tasks, I can put in a little time this week and maybe next
> starting down that road. If it's a big job, I likely can't do it all myself,
> but I'm certainly happy to help out!

Unless you're an expert with GForge, there's probably not much you can
do (and we do have one GForge developer who has kindly agreed to work
on the upgrade. The current issue is one of hardware platform which
I'm about to go solve myself.

Once that is sorted, and our GForge guy has assessed what needs to be
done, there may be more tasks that you could help out with.

--
Dave Page