Revised downloads section on the website

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "PostgreSQL Packagers" <pgsql-packagers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: w^3 <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Revised downloads section on the website
Date: 2008-06-23 10:43:52
Lists: pgsql-www

[CC'd to -www]

Packagers,

I have committed changes to the PostgreSQL website as part of a larger
strategy to make things easier for new users. The changes to the website are
intended to make it much easier for the newbie to find and install the
required components for their OS. I've written up very basic instructions
for most of the OSs we package for - I'd appreciate your input in reviewing
that text, and letting me know what I should change for your particular
packages.

We want the text to tell the user:

- What to download (do they need multiple packages?)
- How to install it/where to find instructions

Bear in mind though, this is not intended to be the formal documentation for
your package, rather it's just a quickstart guide. We want pages to remain
short, and to the point to avoid boring or confusing the user.
http://www.postgresql.org/download/

Your input would be appreciated - thanks in advance!

--
Dave Page