postgresql.org mail infrastructure

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "PostgreSQL www" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgresql.org mail infrastructure
Date: 2008-03-22 16:07:13
Lists: pgsql-www

The postgresql.org mail infrastructure is currently deeply intertwined
with the hub.org system. This makes it difficult for the 2 non-hub.org
people who have access to manage the systems, and means that any
problems with hub.org affect us, and any problems caused by us will
affect hub.org customers.

I propose that we build a replacement mail system, tailored to our
needs. This would be built on our existing FreeBSD infrastructure and
would be managed by members of the existing sysadmin team including
myself, Magnus, Stefan and Marc. Further, it has been suggested that
OmniTI may be able to offer assistance.

Can I please get a show of hands for and against progressing with such
a project?

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd: http://www.enterprisedb.com