Re: We should get active ...

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>
Cc: "Susanne Ebrecht" <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: We should get active ...
Date: 2008-02-25 15:35:28
Lists: pgeu-general

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 3:02 PM, Cédric Villemain
<cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com> wrote:
> I prefer the use of tools, like drupal, dokuwiki or mediawiki...
> I mean I'd ike to use tools oriented for community than scripting things
> specific for pg-eu community.
>
> Perhaps, it can be handle as http://pugs.postgresql.org/ with a drupal
> at end for Europe.

That is where the project is working to organise all the PUGs in a
central location, so we should maintain an area on that site even if
we do other things as well. Some PUGs also have wiki's etc - we can
provision a mediawiki install relatively easily should it be needed,
pending the assignment of some additional IP addresses in our new
French data center :-)

> About other tools like cvs/svn etc... I assume it is for some material
> like documentation, flyers, design, ... ? I personnaly don't care, but
> living cvs will not affect me :)

For flyers etc. we should probably create a pgfoundry project. That
gives us the ability to track issues, source control and ad-hoc
mailing lists for discussing specific projects.

--
Dave Page
The Oracle-compatible database company