Re: archives.postgresql.org change

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, w^3 <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: archives.postgresql.org change
Date: 2008-02-25 10:48:03
Lists: pgsql-www

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 4:39 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
> > As long as these things are covered, that's fine. But it'd be good if
> > someone could verify it who actually knew about it. I think that means
> > you, Marc :-) But if that's already done, then drop the point - it just
> > wasn't clear from the original message.
>
> And Marc has been in the loop the whole time (just fyi).

Then he also deserves a proverbial slap for not sharing with the rest of us.

We are managing services used by thousands of people here - we need to
coordinate all major changes to ensure everyone has a chance to think
of any potential problems, and so we know whats happening. Consider;
Stefan and I are chatting and notice that Nagios has started alerting
on a service. We then spend an hour or two trying to diagnose the
problem between us, not realising that the old box which we're looking
at is fine, it's just that you've moved the service to a different
server and something is subtly different, causing Nagios to barf.

Communication JD - that's all we need!!

--
Dave Page
The Oracle-compatible database company