[JOBS] PostgreSQL to Oracle DB Migration Contract

From: Bakha Nurzhanov <bnurzhanov(at)linux(dot)com>
To: seapug <seapug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: [JOBS] PostgreSQL to Oracle DB Migration Contract
Date: 2010-02-12 00:23:01
Lists: seapug

We seek an experienced Oracle DBA who also has some experience with
open-source database products, particularly with PostgreSQL. Some PHP
programming experience is a plus.

Main responsibility is the migration of database back end running
currently on PostgreSQL to Oracle. We will provide all necessary
schema from our existing databases.

Requirements:
- 3+ years of experience as Oracle DBA
- Experience installing Oracle software on Linux servers
- Strong experience with relational database applications,
particularly with high performance on large datasets
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL is desired
- PHP programming experience, specifically involving using Oracle
database, is desired
- Familiarity with open source tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills

Please provide references. We also routinely perform criminal
background check before we hire or award contract.

This is a contract job.
Duration: 2-4 months
Compensation: DOE
Will work on site, at least initially, to formalize requirements.
Telecommuting can be negotiated for part of the contract.

Please include cover letter with your resume.

Contact us at: careers(at)designclinicals(dot)com