Re: BUG #13493: pl/pgsql doesn't scale with cpus (PG9.3, 9.4)

From: Graeme <graeme(dot)b(dot)bell(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: "Graeme B(dot) Bell" <grb(at)skogoglandskap(dot)no>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #13493: pl/pgsql doesn't scale with cpus (PG9.3, 9.4)
Date: 2015-07-08 01:36:16
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On the machine used for this set of benchmarks, THP is set to never. I've seen this on several machines with slight variations in their configuration.

I spent days poring over best practice guides from google and others when setting these up, and I try to stay up to date with discussion on pgsql-performance for kernel and postgresql.conf.

- Don't have any spare machines currently, or time, to test on pg9.5. Going into hospital soon and then to a conference. Wanted to get this published first.
- may not be able to provide perf data just now. Lots of work, little time, bad health. Will try if i can though!

Graeme Bell