Re: [INTERFACES] ERROR: cannot find attribute 1 of relation pg_temp.460.0

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ivo Simicevic <ivo(at)ultra(dot)hr>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] ERROR: cannot find attribute 1 of relation pg_temp.460.0
Date: 1999-11-28 23:45:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Ivo Simicevic <ivo(at)ultra(dot)hr> writes:
> After creating temporary table with CREATE TEMP TABLE command in ECPG
> I get following error when disconnecting / exiting program:

I believe this is triggered by ecpg's autocommit feature, and that
you could work around it by ensuring that at least one commit occurs
between creation of the temp table and application exit. It looks
like 6.5.* gets confused if it has to delete a never-yet-committed
temp table :-(.

I don't see any such problem with current sources, but I dunno if it's
practical to back-patch a fix into 6.5.*. The current sources have
diverged quite a bit in that area...