Re: windows config.pl question

From: Dmitry Markman <dmarkman(at)mac(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: windows config.pl question
Date: 2020-07-31 02:25:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Michael, thanks a lot

I figured it out, UNC works indeed

however I found at least 2 problems (at least in our 3p harness)

1. in our configuration openssl executable went to lib (I don’t know why), so I had to change line in Configure script
and point to openssl.exe file. Sure I probably can change our makefile to create bin directory and put openssl.exe there
but it’s not my file, maybe later

2. if PostgreSQL is situated on network drive that mapped to say disk z:, then build script failed:

Z:\3p\derived\win64\PostgreSQL\source\src\tools\msvc>build
Detected hardware platform: Win32
Generating win32ver.rc for src/backend
Generating win32ver.rc for src/timezone
Generating win32ver.rc for src/backend/snowball
Generating win32ver.rc for src/pl/plpgsql/src
Generating win32ver.rc for src/backend/replication/libpqwalreceiver
Generating win32ver.rc for src/backend/replication/pgoutput
Generating win32ver.rc for src/interfaces/ecpg/pgtypeslib

. . . . . . . . . . . .

Building the projects in this solution one at a time. To enable parallel build, please add the "/m" switch.
Build started 7/30/2020 5:52:12 PM.
Project "Z:\3p\derived\win64\PostgreSQL\source\pgsql.sln" on node 1 (default targets).
Z:\3p\derived\win64\PostgreSQL\source\pgsql.sln.metaproj : error MSB4126: The specified solution configuration "Release
|x64" is invalid. Please specify a valid solution configuration using the Configuration and Platform properties (e.g. M
SBuild.exe Solution.sln /p:Configuration=Debug /p:Platform="Any CPU") or leave those properties blank to use the defaul
t solution configuration. [Z:\3p\derived\win64\PostgreSQL\source\pgsql.sln]
Done Building Project "Z:\3p\derived\win64\PostgreSQL\source\pgsql.sln" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"Z:\3p\derived\win64\PostgreSQL\source\pgsql.sln" (default target) (1) ->
(ValidateSolutionConfiguration target) ->
Z:\3p\derived\win64\PostgreSQL\source\pgsql.sln.metaproj : error MSB4126: The specified solution configuration "Relea
se|x64" is invalid. Please specify a valid solution configuration using the Configuration and Platform properties (e.g.
MSBuild.exe Solution.sln /p:Configuration=Debug /p:Platform="Any CPU") or leave those properties blank to use the defa
ult solution configuration. [Z:\3p\derived\win64\PostgreSQL\source\pgsql.sln]

0 Warning(s)
1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.37

Z:\3p\derived\win64\PostgreSQL\source\src\tools\msvc>

the same works just fine if it’s on c: drive

all PostgreSQL distribution is in the Z:\3p\derived\win64\PostgreSQL\source folder

network UNC path is mapped to Z:

thanks again for your help

dm