Re: windows config.pl question

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Dmitry Markman <dmarkman(at)mac(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: windows config.pl question
Date: 2020-07-31 01:59:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 06:55:28AM -0400, Dmitry Markman wrote:
> icu => <path_to_icu_install_area>,
>
> is it correct?

Exactly.

> if it’s correct does build support UNC paths?

Yes, these work. One take to be aware of is that the quoting of the
paths can be annoying. FWIW, I just use single quotes with normal
slashes as that's a no-brainer, say:
openssl => 'C:/OpenSSL-hoge/',

If you are able to break the scripts with a given path, this would
likely be a bug we should address. For example, we had lately
complains about the build scripts breaking once you inserted spaces in
the python or OpenSSL paths (see beb2516 and ad7595b).
--
Michael