Re: pg_dumpall storing multiple copies of DB's?

From: Bill McGonigle <mcgonigle(at)medicalmedia(dot)com>
To: Doug McNaught <doug(at)wireboard(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dumpall storing multiple copies of DB's?
Date: 2002-02-26 23:00:02
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tuesday, February 26, 2002, at 05:49 , Doug McNaught wrote:

> Hmmm, that's very odd. I'm guessing that something was screwed up in
> the data area that you dumped--I haven't seen this happen.
>
> Are all the copies identical?

Good though - I'll whip up a script tomorrow to split the dump into its
duplicate(?) parts and diff them.

Just another datapoint, I did move my database server to a new machine
recently and the problem followed. Of course, the database was restored
from a dump with the problem (which did succeed BTW, and the data does
appear to be correct).

-Bill