Re: BUG #5224: After upgrading from vista to windows 7, postgres services are missing

From: Sriram Gopalan <sriramgopalan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5224: After upgrading from vista to windows 7, postgres services are missing
Date: 2009-12-02 15:51:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs

1. After I reinstalled the latest version of postgresql, I do see a service
called postgresql-8.4.
2. It is started automatically.

Please note, however, that I am still not able to connect to the database.
For example, trying to use psql gives me the following error:

psql: could not connect to server: Cannot assign requested address
(0x00002741/1
0049)
Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port test?

I have never seen this error before my OS upgrade.

3. I looked through the Windows Event Viewer but didn't anything related to
postgres.
4. I believe ever since I upgraded, the pg_log logs have been empty. There
is nothing much interesting in the prior few logs (just info messages about
starting up and shutting down etc.)

Thanks for the prompt response.

Sriram